that truly cares
for over 150 years
After a death: Registration, The Coroner
Arranging a Funeral
We believe that each funeral is as individual as the person who has died, and there are many different options available to you. We will sit with you and listen to your individual needs and then advise you accordingly regarding these options.
The so-called ‘Traditional funeral’ will usually consist of a motor hearse and however many limousines to accommodate your immediate family; a wooden (or wood veneered) coffin; a funeral director and team of bearers; the use of our private chapel of rest; any floral tribute requirements; a notice in the local newspaper, and any other specific requests.
Our standard funeral elements consist of the following:
• Conveyance from place of death to our Chapel of Rest
• Care and preparation of the deceased
• Use of our premises up to the funeral, including our private Chapel of Rest
• Making all necessary funeral arrangements, allowing the funeral to proceed
• Provision of a hearse and one limousine
• Service of a funeral director and necessary staff, who will act as bearers if required
• All administration services, including preparation and forwarding of documentation
• The selected coffin, fully fitted with handles, wreath holders, interior lining, frill and gown
(as appropriate to the coffin style)
We have a wide choice of coffins available, ranging from those manufactured from veneered boards, to coffins and caskets produced from solid woods, bamboo and wicker and American-style caskets manufactured in hardwood or metal.
Please click here to see a selection of our range of coffins.
"Thank you for organising and performing a perfect funeral for Dad, it was much appreciated."
"It is perfect.......Thank you!!"
"We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the beautiful funeral service you provided"
"The sympathetic and professional manner of you and the team has made everything so much easier."
"Just wanted to say thank you to everyone at John Williams for your advice and support and moreover contributing to what was a magnificent day"
"I couldn't have been happier with the service and organisation so I'd like to thank you! You've been brilliant!"
"We are grateful to you and your colleagues for the way you are dealing with the "